How to Start a Wedding Speech
To maintain the interest of the guests, you have to start your wedding speech with a splash. Successful and most loved speeches are found to be the ones that start and end interestingly. Wedding speeches are not given to bore people and steal the moments of joy at the wedding ceremony. Some people may find wedding speeches boring though. People who have never given a speech at the wedding ceremony may wonder and try many options to make their wedding speeches interesting. You can write your speeches effortlessly, with a fantastic opening, if you know how to start a wedding speech. Preparing before delivering a wedding speech would help you in writing a perfect wedding speech.
You will find many ideas for your wedding speeches, but the one that suits your wedding speech should be incorporated in your speech. Several factors need to be considered while delivering your speech, your age, your relation with the wedding couple and what your role in the wedding ceremony is. People generally do not understand the dynamics of wedding speech, and this can make their speech useless. If the opening and closing lines of your speech are not appropriate, it may make your speech uninteresting, and can be a turn off for the guests. If you want to make the wedding couple and the guests happy, and leave smiles on their face when you leave, then you have to be creative enough, and try something new in your speech that can make your speech an outstanding one. Here are some of the ideas for an outstanding speech with a good and appropriate start.
How to start a wedding speech:
The beginning of your wedding speech can be separated into two portions such as the introduction, and the part that includes some funny wedding quotations and poems. You can refer the ideas given below to start the speech interestingly.
- The best way to start your speech is to introduce yourself to the guests. It is certain that not all the people attending the wedding ceremony know you. This is common for any type of wedding speech, speech by the couple's parents, bridesmaid wedding speech, best man wedding speech, bride and groom wedding speech. This is the most appropriate way to start interaction with the people.
- You can be a little creative while giving your introduction to the guests, and add some funny lines at the end, or anywhere in the introduction to make your introduction somewhat funny.
"Hello ladies and gentlemen, this is Jack Rich, not the one who fell down while fetching water from the well in the nursery rhymes, and neither am I Richie Rich's father, but I am a proud father of ____________"
- You can use your own creativity according to your wish. The only thing you have to keep in your mind is not make any inappropriate statements that do not suit the occasion and the culture of the people present in the wedding ceremony.
- People generally try to focus more on your speech at the beginning of your speech, and if they find the beginning of your speech interesting, then people will be tempted to hear your entire speech.
Funny quotes/poems/famous lines:
- Once the introduction of your speech is over, you have to add some funny quotes and poems at the beginning of your speech.
- These funny quotes, lines and poems should be short ones. Stretching them too long will leave no time for the main part of your speech. Here are some of the funny example wedding quotes by some famous personalities.
"Marriage is give and take. You'd better give it to her or she'll take it anyway."
"The husband who wants a happy marriage should learn to keep his mouth shut and his checkbook open."
"My husband said he needed more space. So I locked him outside."
"We always hold hands. If I let go, she shops."
"I've had bad luck with both my wives. The first one left me and the second one didn't."
- You can either use these quotes or write something of your own if you are poetic and creative enough
Once you have planned your beginning, you don't have to be very creative until the end of the speech. The rest of the part of a wedding speech consists of personal stuff like some stories of the wedding couples, their qualities, etc. At the end of the speech, you should try to add something interesting. You can use the quotes at the end as well. Now, that you know how to start a wedding speech you can make your speech an extraordinary one.
- Groom Wedding Speech
- Fathers Wedding Speeches
- Mother of Groom Wedding Speech
- Brother Wedding Speech
- Daughter of Bride Wedding Speech
- Son of Bride Wedding Speech
- Best Man Wedding Speeches
- Maid of Honor Wedding Speeches
- Master of Ceremony Wedding Speech
- Bridesmaid Wedding Speeches